Vendredi, 19h30m


I have wanted to wear this dress in a classic, Jackie O. kind of way for quite a while. Something that really screams late fifties/early sixties, you know? Something rather obvious and on the retro trend, with no punch of the out of the ordinary kind in anyway. I have done so with this dress before, and now I wanted the whole preppy, perfect housewife look.


I have worn this dress quite a few times, actually. Although it is a lace dress, I do wear it in the daytime, no problem whatsoever with that, it all comes down to what you pair it with. I have worn it with a pair of nude peeptoes and a satin blush clutch, a pair of ankle lace up booties, very brogue like, and a crossbody handbag, knee high winter boots, a turtleneck underneath it and a fur collar instead of necklaces, a pair of black patent wedge shoes with a simple black handbag... you name it. I have yet to pair it with flats in a nude colour - and I will get to it - and with black ballerinas.


This pair of oh so bloody uncomfortable Zara ballerinas have caught my eye ever since I first saw them, and when I found them at nearly half price, having a Zara voucher on me, I had to bring them home. The first time I wore them my feet bled, they're that uncomfortable. Very pretty but not all that user friendly at all, and Zara has really been excelling on that, with quite expensive shoewear that you cannot bare to walk in. Still, they look so chic, so classic, so Jackie O. and paired with the dress they really looked perfect. As I was not intending to do much walking, it was really a win win situation. The obvious purse to go with the look was of course my black patent clutch, as I was also donning a black patent belt to emphasize the waist area. All in all a very cute and chic ensemble, I think.


Comments

Post a Comment